Naver SEO Starter Guide [Part II]
2 important factors that affect your Naver SEO:
These 2 factors support the Naver search robot to recognize and collect sites in wide Internet space.
In other words, if the Naver search robot has no difficulty in visiting and collecting site content in compliance with the web standards, it may be cited in reliable web pages such as news and encyclopedias.
If the site is highly active because many users search and use it, the Naver search robot can recognize the existence of the site more quickly.
Importance of consistent website management;
Site search reflects the site in searches by referring to information that can tell whether the site is compliant with web standards, whether the content it produces is suitable for the purpose of operating the site, and how active it is.
Therefore, it is important to continuously operate the site, inform internet users about your site as often as possible, and manage the site so that it does not become spam due to being neglected for a long time.
Create a site that meets web standards;
A site that complies with web standards is the primary condition for the Naver SERP exposure.
Naver SERP exposure TIPS;
1. It is recommended to use a service (hosting company) that provides site templates ( If you cannot develop the site yourself). Site hosting services provide the following conveniences:
• Site management as easy as managing a blog.
• In case of site operation/management problems, compensation can be requested from the hosting company.
• Depending on the hosting company, a service to easily insert the ownership verification meta tag is provided.
2. If you entrust it to an outsourced developer, we recommend that you check an outsourcing company's portfolio.
• Check whether the site developed so far by the outsourcing company meets the web standards.
• Ensure that site maintenance is provided for a certain period of time.
3. Use your own brand name:
• According to the search term entered by the user, Naver determines the best information to find and provides search results. Naver recommends that you use unique brand names, not simple English words or common nouns (eg, 'quick service') that may have other search purposes, such as a language dictionary.
4. Use your own site address:
• If the address is similar to another site, it may be mistaken for a phishing site. Also, if it is a common address, there may be a history of problems with the previous site.
5. Describe your site effectively in short sentences:
• If the site title and site description are not set at all, or if the title and description are the same, or if keywords that are not related to the site content are listed, there may be a disadvantage in search exposure. In addition, since it is difficult for search users to recognize information at a glance for excessively long titles and descriptions, it is recommended that the title is within 15 characters and the description within 45 characters.
6. Submit sitemap and RSS:
• Web pages (contents) generated on the site can be reflected in the search without omission.
A sitemap is a hierarchical list of web pages on a website. It shows the overall structure that makes up the website. When submitting a sitemap, search by making it easy for the Naver search robot to find the menu and contents of the site. This will help reflect the search results.
You can submit a sitemap by logging in to Naver Webmaster Tools, clicking on the site that has been verified as possessing it, and selecting ‘Request > Submit Sitemap’.
RSS (RichSiteSummary/ReallySimpleSyndication). RSS is a website that is updated frequently.
This system is applied to provide users with updated information automatically and conveniently. When RSS is submitted, Naver search robot quickly and easily recognizes and collects the latest updated information on the site, which helps to reflect search results.
RSS can be submitted by logging in to Naver Webmaster Tools, clicking the site, and selecting ‘Request > RSS Submission’.
7. Request webpage collection if site information has been changed:
• The Naver search robot can notice that the site information has been changed more quickly. After logging in to Naver Webmaster Tools, click the site and select ‘Request > Webpage Collection’. You can request a collection by clicking the [OK] button.
8. Actively use the Naver SEO guide:
• Naver Webmaster Tools provides a web standard guide, through various channels such as official blog, Q&A through knowledge iN, and Naver Customer Center.
Naver SEO checklist: